An Extremely Overdue IHSW Update

Right, this is almost two weeks late so please forgive me. For the first time I signed up to be part of the International Hermit & Stitch weekend. IHSW occurs monthly on the 3rd weekend of the month and at the end of at weekend you post pictures of your progress from that weekend.

So here is my update showing progress on the two projects I worked on. The pictures were actually taken on the Monday after IHSW, but I’ve just been slow with the posting (as usual).

First up is my progress on my Josn Elliott Christmas Lady. Her skirt nowalas a fair bit of red in it, I’m currently much further a long on this one, but I can show you that after the weekend.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My other project which got an outing during the IHSW was Abi Gurden’s The Great Escape. My beautiful owl has a head now. I haven’t touched this since this picture was taken, but the next part has been printed off and I think I’ll pick this one up at some point this weekend.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And since I know there are people who will ask, these are the colours I’ve used on him so far.
Breast Feathers – Nina’s Threads Eggplant
Around Head – Carrie’s Creations Epiphany
Outer Beak/Inner Eye – GAST Black Crow
Inner Beak/Outer Eye – Carrie’s Creations Indigo
Above Beak – GAST Black Raspberry Jam

I have one more purple shade to use while will be on the wing feathers, but first I’ve gotta finish off the breast feathers.

I’ll be back in a few days with some more post for you, and some news. so please do pop back in for a visit

Advertisements

April WIPocalypse

I’ve been such a bad WIPocalypser, totally MIA since the first check-in in January. And I don’t even have a lot of work to show from my long absence, my stitchy bug went away on holiday as well.

However I do have a few WIPs to show you, I even managed a few finishes but I can’t show them yet.

My first progress picture is of my Joan Elliott design, which I first show you back in January, and then again a few days ago. I’ve managed to work on it a little bit more since then.

Photobucket

Joan Elliott – Victorian Christmas Lady
stitched on 32-count white linen using DMC

Back in January I started Abi Gurden’s The Great Escape, I’m still umm-ing and ahh-ing over where I will stitch the whole design. I’ll definitely finish the owl, but I’m not sure about the rest of it. I’m finding these stitches a bit harder too do than the specialty stitches for The Tree of Stitches (which reminds me, I should probably show you my finished tree), although not really because they are hard in themselves but because their placement is so important. I am enjoying it though and have recently finished Part III, which means the stitches I’ve learned so far are Montenegrin stitch, Feather stitch, Basque stitch, Sorbello stitch and Cretan Catch.

Photobucket

Abi Gurden – The Great Escape
stitched on 35-count Sparklies Shades of Autumn
using Nina’s Threads Eggplant

My last progress picture is a small design I picked up at a charity shop. It’s quite an old design, from 1986 by Chloe Designs, and it doesn’t have a name just a number (I think) 0-18. The kit came with aida, but I prefer evenweave and used a piece which was teadyed at the same time as the one I used for LHN’s Two Sheep.

Photobucket

Chloe Design – 0-18
stitched with 28-count teadyed evenweave
unknown floss

BACK…(again)… with a crossstitch finish and a WIP

I seem to be making a lot of these posts that start “Well it’s been a while” or similar, so I won’t make one again.

Instead I just wanted to pop by and show you what I’m working on at the moment and my most recently finished piece. I have a few other finishes as well but I’ll show you them later.

My current WIP is Joan Elliott’s Victorian Christmas Lady from Cross Stitch Collection issue 202.

Photobucket

I’m stitching her on white 32-count DMC linen.I started her at the beginning of the year, but then I lost my stitchy bug for a while and didn’t do any stitching, so I haven’t made a lot of progress.

Here is my progress from a few days back, I have a bit more done now.
Photobucket

My finish was just a random small project, I had ordered some samples from Kate @ Sparklies as I was looking for some fabric for a new start (more on that at a later date). One of the samples I’d ordered was Dark Goddess, and it just screamed out at me to e used for something. I had recently been looking through my The Gift of Stitching Magazine issues and added a few projects to my must stitch list. Of course the fabric was only big enough for a small design and I wanted it to be monochrome, so I decided on a beautiful rose chart by Kristin Edwards from Issue 4 of the magazine. It was designed to be done in pinks and green, but I decided to just do it in DMC Blanc as the fabric added plenty of color to the design.

Photobucket

I’m not 100% happy with it, in the cut work areas and the other border I should have used perle floss for better coverage, also I think I would have done the outer border stitch over more than just 2 threads of the fabric if I had realized how hard it would be to poke the ends in. All in all though I do like it and it will probably end up as a card to someone.

Copyright © 2007-2011 Line Sletvold Finnan
wordpress visitor counter