It’s that time of month again, the new moon is upon us and it’s time to show off our ORTs. I can’t put my hands on my ORT bag at the moment as it’s been packed away in preparation for our move this weekend so these threads are from the last week, not many to show off I’m afraid.
03 Apr 2011 4 Comments
My wordpress is playing up at the moment, that is the iPhone wordpress app is not cooperating. This post keeps disappearing, but I’m hoping that by re-posing it all the issues should be sorted.
Just quickly wanted to show my tusal jar. Not the best pic in the world, it’s had quite a few different colours added this month. A lot of green with the Irish themed stitching, as well as the Christmas ornament, although this picture doesn’t show this that well.
04 Mar 2011 2 Comments
The moon is new again and that means it’s TUSAL time.
This month I added my orts from last year to this year’s, didn’t want them just lying around in a bag anymore.
So quite a few orts, from about June 2010 till now.
Come back tomorrow to see some of the projects I’m currently working on, and some finishes 🙂
03 Feb 2011 6 Comments
Well the New Moon is back and so is the Totally Useless SAL. No luck in finding the perfect ORTs bowl yet, saw this beautiful hand painted cognac glass (huge one) in a charity shop window the other day but when i went in 30 minutes later it was gone, so the hunt continues.
In the mean time here is this month’s picture, with my ORTs resting in a champagne glass.
And here is a little sneak peek at the prize I’m giving away later in the month, anyone care to make a guess?
04 Jan 2011 9 Comments
As mentioned a few days ago I signed up for Daffycat’s TUSAL this year and as today is the 4th of January and the New Moon is up it’s time to show you my ORTs. Haven’t managed to get a jar for my ORTs yet, currently they reside in a bowl, but here they are anyway, there is a bit of red there from Saturday’s project, some metallics and other odds and ends.
02 Jan 2011 1 Comment
So I decided to join another challenge/SAL, call it what you will. This time it’s Daffycat’s TUSAL aka Totally Useless Stitch-a-Long. I saw it on some of the blogs I frequent last year, and when I saw the sign-up decided I had to join.
The rules are simple, stitch what every you want, it’s the stitching by product which is important here.
Here are the rules as written by Daffycat
1. Get a glass container and save your thread clippings or ORTs (Old Ratty Threads!) Some stitchers include fabric trimmings, thread bands or any other stitching cast-offs they gather.
2. On (or about) each New Moon take a picture of the ORTs in your jar and post it to your blog. Yes, you MUST have a blog to be included. Reasonably “late” posts will be accepted…posting several updates at once is cheating!
3. Yes, you can use your current ORT jar. This is no contest…the stitcher with the most ORTs doesn’t automatically win!
4. You must post a picture each New Moon, even if there has been no “progress” to show.
5. Label your Totally Useless posts with “TUSAL” to make it easier for me to find your posts at the end. If you don’t know how to “label” your posts email me.
There is still time to join, first full moon is January 4th. Now I’m off to find a jar, my ORTs currently reside in a baggy.