An Extremely Overdue IHSW Update

Right, this is almost two weeks late so please forgive me. For the first time I signed up to be part of the International Hermit & Stitch weekend. IHSW occurs monthly on the 3rd weekend of the month and at the end of at weekend you post pictures of your progress from that weekend.

So here is my update showing progress on the two projects I worked on. The pictures were actually taken on the Monday after IHSW, but I’ve just been slow with the posting (as usual).

First up is my progress on my Josn Elliott Christmas Lady. Her skirt nowalas a fair bit of red in it, I’m currently much further a long on this one, but I can show you that after the weekend.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My other project which got an outing during the IHSW was Abi Gurden’s The Great Escape. My beautiful owl has a head now. I haven’t touched this since this picture was taken, but the next part has been printed off and I think I’ll pick this one up at some point this weekend.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And since I know there are people who will ask, these are the colours I’ve used on him so far.
Breast Feathers – Nina’s Threads Eggplant
Around Head – Carrie’s Creations Epiphany
Outer Beak/Inner Eye – GAST Black Crow
Inner Beak/Outer Eye – Carrie’s Creations Indigo
Above Beak – GAST Black Raspberry Jam

I have one more purple shade to use while will be on the wing feathers, but first I’ve gotta finish off the breast feathers.

I’ll be back in a few days with some more post for you, and some news. so please do pop back in for a visit

April WIPocalypse

I’ve been such a bad WIPocalypser, totally MIA since the first check-in in January. And I don’t even have a lot of work to show from my long absence, my stitchy bug went away on holiday as well.

However I do have a few WIPs to show you, I even managed a few finishes but I can’t show them yet.

My first progress picture is of my Joan Elliott design, which I first show you back in January, and then again a few days ago. I’ve managed to work on it a little bit more since then.

Photobucket

Joan Elliott – Victorian Christmas Lady
stitched on 32-count white linen using DMC

Back in January I started Abi Gurden’s The Great Escape, I’m still umm-ing and ahh-ing over where I will stitch the whole design. I’ll definitely finish the owl, but I’m not sure about the rest of it. I’m finding these stitches a bit harder too do than the specialty stitches for The Tree of Stitches (which reminds me, I should probably show you my finished tree), although not really because they are hard in themselves but because their placement is so important. I am enjoying it though and have recently finished Part III, which means the stitches I’ve learned so far are Montenegrin stitch, Feather stitch, Basque stitch, Sorbello stitch and Cretan Catch.

Photobucket

Abi Gurden – The Great Escape
stitched on 35-count Sparklies Shades of Autumn
using Nina’s Threads Eggplant

My last progress picture is a small design I picked up at a charity shop. It’s quite an old design, from 1986 by Chloe Designs, and it doesn’t have a name just a number (I think) 0-18. The kit came with aida, but I prefer evenweave and used a piece which was teadyed at the same time as the one I used for LHN’s Two Sheep.

Photobucket

Chloe Design – 0-18
stitched with 28-count teadyed evenweave
unknown floss

Copyright © 2007-2011 Line Sletvold Finnan
wordpress visitor counter