In a fit of madness I’ve signed up to the Crazy January Challenge 2011, masterminded by Minna.
The rules of the challenge are as follows:
1. Start stitching a new design every day, from January 1st to January 15th. So by January 15th you have 15 new WIPs to stitch!
2. Finish everything you started stitching during the year 2011.
3. Show photos in your blog if you have one, in January and during the whole year while you stitch.
4. Have fun stitching!
I have a few projects I want to start so this is the perfect excuse, I haven’t quite put 15 together yet though, but I’m sure I’ll have it sorted before it’s time to stitch it. Will just stitch the sorted and kitted out ones first.
So here is my almost complete list:
1. ‘Jungle Scamp’ by Maria Diaz from Cross Stitch Collection February 2010)
2. KISS cushion by Emily Peacock
3. A cross stitched wall hanging mail organizer (is there a better name for them?) My mom wanted one so I’ve found an alphabet I liked along with some motifs.
4. Blackwork Lady from WOXS Summer 2010
5. Baby Panda by Pollyanna Pickering from Cross Stitch Collection June 2010
6. Wedding sampler
Stitching this freebie (scroll down a bit for Coeur), and adding the names and date inside the heart.
7. HAED A Favour by Edmund Blair Leighton
8. Snowflake biscornu by Faby Reilly – Decided I want to do a Basket of Biscornus this year so it’s a good a time as an to get started.
9. 2011 Christmas Ornament – I’m planning on doing one a month so a great time to kick start this
10. Tranquil Valley by PINN Stitch
11. Sleepy Hollow by Raise the Roof Designs
12. 2011 Birthday Cards – will try and do better this year with cards out at the right time etc.
First up, hubby’s birthday I’m thinking xbox related.
13. Time for God by Lizzie*Kate
14. Hot water bottle cover – will be stitching this straight on to fleece using waste canvas. Just need to decide on motif