So I decided to join another challenge/SAL, call it what you will. This time it’s Daffycat’s TUSAL aka Totally Useless Stitch-a-Long. I saw it on some of the blogs I frequent last year, and when I saw the sign-up decided I had to join.
The rules are simple, stitch what every you want, it’s the stitching by product which is important here.
Here are the rules as written by Daffycat
1. Get a glass container and save your thread clippings or ORTs (Old Ratty Threads!) Some stitchers include fabric trimmings, thread bands or any other stitching cast-offs they gather.
2. On (or about) each New Moon take a picture of the ORTs in your jar and post it to your blog. Yes, you MUST have a blog to be included. Reasonably “late” posts will be accepted…posting several updates at once is cheating!
3. Yes, you can use your current ORT jar. This is no contest…the stitcher with the most ORTs doesn’t automatically win!
4. You must post a picture each New Moon, even if there has been no “progress” to show.
5. Label your Totally Useless posts with “TUSAL” to make it easier for me to find your posts at the end. If you don’t know how to “label” your posts email me.
There is still time to join, first full moon is January 4th. Now I’m off to find a jar, my ORTs currently reside in a baggy.