I thought I’d share some more of my stitching project with you all. Some of these are a bit old, others have been completed more recently.
First up is a bookmark I did for a bookmark exchange for one of my groups on CraftBubble. My partner has received it now so I can reveal all.
I stitched it on 16-count Aida, which I dyed myself using Dylon hand dye ‘Ocean Blue’. The splotches are intentional, I wanted to make it look inkstains. Not sure whether or not I succeeded, what do you think.
Once completed I backed the bookmark with black felt, stitching it on with the outer borderline. Then I pulled a few strands out on each side so it would have a fringe.
I’m not entirely happy with the backing, it’s certainly something I’ll have to experiment with later to find the perfect finish. But as a first bookmark it ain’t too shabby.