For those who thought I’d fallen off the writing wagon I must apologise, I just haven’t been near an internet connection since my last update. My home computers are working fine however and I’ve been writing, if not quite according to schedule.
As you can see by my sidebar widgets Novel 1 is almost at 50k now, the wordcount is slightly lower than it should be by the end of day 16, I attribute that to not having written anything on Thursday, Friday and Saturday as I was busy sending time with my hubby 🙂 By tomorrow I should hopefully be back on schedule, although since Sunday my muses have been suspiciously absent. Probably sulking after I ignored them for 3 days, but I’m sure I can get on their good side again.
As for story 2, that is even more behind. It really should be about 26-27k by now, but it’s been a real struggle all the way. Our main character finally has name, I wanted something traditional in the sense that it’s a name used by a mythical/fictional sorceress/enchantress, however as I searched I found very few names. Greek mythology had Circe and Medea, the first one is bleh and the second not an option, I am not naming my character after a woman who killed her kids to spite her ex. Then there was celtic names where only one came up Anu, kind of a crappy name. Anyway i was feeling ready to break and just compromise with the name of a famous witch, when I finally hit upon Ceridwen, welsh/celtic goddess of Magic, Kerry for short 🙂 From there more names came into the story and most characters now have names. The story is still untitled though.
I have to admit since my writing break this story has been coming more easily, I spent a lot of time thinking my way through the story over the weekend and it seems to have really helped, so fingers crossed the fantasy muses stay happy.
Right I think that’s it for an update, I promise I won’t wait a week and a half for the next one 🙂